Job vacancy #2:
Home-based work (mini job)
Assignment of home-based work (ref. 18/25)
We are delighted that you are interested in our “home-based work” vacancy. From past experience, we have found that although interest in these jobs is very high, many prospective candidates change their mind after finding out the job details and carrying out the work for a few days. Therefore, we wish to provide a detailed description of the role in advance so that you can get an idea of what the job entails before you apply. We can only invest time in explaining the job and providing initial training if we can ensure that new workers will stay with us for at least a certain amount of time.
- The parts to be processed are generally palm grips and star grips made from thermoset (Bakelite). You can view these parts on our homepage under Products/Operating parts. Due to the manufacturing method involved, a ridge is formed on these parts. This must be removed (deburred) by using a file which we will provide to you. The join must be neatly finished.
- The raw product must be collected from us (ideally early in the morning); it is not possible to carry out the work at our site for legal reasons. Therefore, if you do not live nearby, it is essential that you have a car. The finished product should be returned to us the next working day wherever possible; in exceptional cases (subject to agreement), a work schedule of 2 to 3 days may be possible.
- One or more containers (plastic trays or boxes) generally weighing up to 15 kg will be provided. You have to take these containers to your “workplace”; please do not underestimate the weight of these containers, particularly if you have to climb several staircases at home.
- When you deburr the parts, small amounts of (non-hazardous) dust will arise. We therefore do not recommend that you carry out the work e.g. in your living room. Our homeworkers usually work in a cellar, garage or similar room. However, experience has shown that this aspect is often underestimated.
- Payment is made on a piecework basis according to fixed rates. You may request this information from us. As the work requires a certain amount of dexterity, please do not expect to earn good money right from the start; however, we wish to point out that skilled homeworkers can achieve hourly rates of EUR 12 or more.
- It goes without saying that the work is assigned as a mini job in your name for accounting purposes. It is therefore not possible for it to be assigned to a different name in the event that you already have another mini job or are registered as a jobseeker.
Before you apply to us, we request that you read the above points carefully and decide whether you are still interested in applying for the job. If you are, we look forward to receiving your application.
Erlemann & Huckenbeck GmbH & Co. KG